hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Abandon the HDFS proxy contrib component
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 21:49:00 GMT
On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Owen O'Malley <owen@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> On Jul 20, 2011, at 2:42 PM, Allen Wittenauer wrote:
>

>> On Jul 20, 2011, at 2:26 PM, Eli Collins wrote:
>>>
>>> Btw, Alejandro is contributing a full HDFS proxy replacement (also
>>> supports read/write, kerberos, etc) in HDFS-2178.
>>
>>       Which is basically blocked by Alfredo's lack of security review.
>
> I'm also not comfortable with a critical part of the security infrastructure coming from
a github project. Will Cloudera contribute Alfredo to Hadoop?

Yup, per my mail to Allen, Alejandro is planning to contribute Alfredo
directly to Hadoop once he's finished mavenizing common.

Going forward we need to figure out a better place to host these
components (eg Alfredo, or Hadoop libraries used by HBase) than Hadoop
because other projects that depend on these components don't need to
wait for a Hadoop release to get a new version.

Thanks,
Eli