hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: MR1 next steps
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2011 05:49:59 GMT
On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 5:23 PM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> On Jul 25, 2011, at 11:59 AM, Eli Collins wrote:
>

>> The current plan is to remove the MR1 code from trunk after merging in MR-279.
>>

> One issue is that lots of MR 'unit tests' rely on MiniMRCluster which exposes very minute
aspects of the JT/TT - something we can't support in MR2. Given that we might not have the
time to port all the tests we might want to keep MR1 but delete the scripts in bin/.

How much effort would it take to port them?  If we could get it to a
state that's easily parallelizable it would be a good hackathon.
(ditto for moving to FileContext btw).

Keeping the infrastructure but removing bin would work too. I wonder
though if we've lost much coverage if the tests depend on the JT/TT.

Thanks,
Eli