hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: hadoop-0.23
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 01:01:09 GMT
On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>  It's looking like trunk is moving along rapidly - it's about time to start thinking
of the next release to unlock all of the goodies there.

>  As the RM, my current thinking is that after we merge NextGen MR (MR-279) and the HDFS-1073
branch into trunk we should be good to create the hadoop-0.23 branch.

>  Thoughts?

Sounds great.

In order to support HA in a dot release we'll need to merge in the
branch for HDFS-1623, but that shouldn't hold up branching for 23.
Sanjay mentioned this as the summit but I wanted to double check with
you, you support a dot release of 23 with HA? The hope is that we
support one of the multiple options HDFS-1623 allows for, and that we
introduce an incompatible change only when absolutely necessary.

If that doesn't work for you we could do a 0.24 release for HA but the
hope is that we'll get more people contributing to this release.

Thanks,
Eli