hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HDFS-1623 branching strategy
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 23:54:42 GMT
On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Eli Collins <eli@cloudera.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Jakob Homan <jghoman@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Deep sigh.  I'm not blocking RTC on the branch.  The branch maintainer
>> gets to decide that.  I'm not personally a big fan of it, but since
>> it's not my branch, it's not my call.
>>> Either way the final patch to trunk goes
>>> by the normal rules that any patch to trunk follows.
>>
>> This is where I disagree.
>
> I'm fine requiring 3 +1s for the final merge, but as it stands today,
> the normal rules apply.

To be more clear, if you'd like to amend the bylaws so that a patch
that is a merge from a feature branch requires 3 +1s instead of the
normal single +1, go ahead, that's a separate discussion/vote that I
think people would support.

This discussion is just about the branching for a new HDFS-1623
branch, not about changing the rules for the project.

Thanks,
Eli