hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop Java Versions
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 15:48:10 GMT
On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 7:59 AM, Eric Baldeschwieler <eric14@hortonworks.com
> wrote:

> We could create an apache hadoop list of product selection discussions.  I
> believe this list is intended to be focused on project governance and
> similar discussions.  Maybe we should simply create a governance list and
> leave this one to be the free for all?

If you need to separate the discussions, then taking the discussion with
smaller/more experienced set of participants to the new list is going to be
easier than trying to sweep the tide.  A list named "general" sounds a lot
like "general discussions" to newcomers (and frankly, to old-timers like
me).

For that matter, is there a strong reason to segregate the discussions?