hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Vote to merge HDFS-1073 ito trunk
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 01:12:03 GMT
Hi all,

HDFS-1073 is now complete and ready to be merged. Many thanks to those who
helped review in the last two weeks.

Hudson test-patch results are available on HDFS-1073 JIRA - please see the
recent comments there for explanations.

A few notes that may help you vote:

- I have run the NNThroughputBenchmark and seen just a small regression in
logging performance due to the inclusion of a txid with every edit for
increased robustness.
- The NN read path and the read/write IO paths are entirely untouched by
these changes.
- Image and edit load time were benchmarked throughout development of the
branch and no significant regressions have been seen.

Since this is a code change, all committers should feel free to vote. The
voting requires three committer +1s and no -1s to pass. I will not vote
since I contributed the majority of the code in the branch, though obviously
I'm +1 :)

Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera