hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: MR1 next steps
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 16:53:07 GMT

On Jul 27, 2011, at 9:41 AM, Eli Collins wrote:
> Is the plan to port all the current MR tests to the new Mini*Cluster classes?

I don't think a straight port is the right way to go - we should stop relying on the Mini*Clusters
for every single test and go the route of unit/mock tests. The Mini*Clusters add too much
overhead and aren't the right way forward, IMO.

IAC, we can separate these discussions. So, for now, I propose we just remove the bin/* scripts
for the purposes of this discussion. Makes sense?

thanks,
Arun