hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Commit then Review (was Re: HDFS-1623 branching strategy)
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 23:01:45 GMT
On Jul 11, 2011, at 3:52 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
> However, blocking RTC en-masse is just counter-productive. We should let folks doing
the work decide how best they want to do the work.

> To be clear: I support RTC for trunk and more stringent reviews for merge. Yet, all these
need to be time-bound, we cannot afford silent vetoes to block progress.

I broke my 12-hr rule and went too fast: I didn't mean to imply Jakob is against CTR, I'm
sure he understands some of us prefer it.

Yes, I do like stringent reviews for merge as I mentioned above.

Arun