hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Naisbitt <jnais...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: HADOOP-7106 (project unsplit) this weekend
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 16:24:38 GMT
On 6/13/11 11:03 AM, "Todd Lipcon" <todd@cloudera.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 8:14 AM, Todd Lipcon <todd@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Fixed the svn:externals

Thanks! :)

>>> Also, the ant eclipse targets seem to be broken now.  It seems like
>>> various
>>> parts of the eclipse target need to be commonized now (the
>>> .eclipse-templates stuff and .classpath, .launches, etc.)
>>>

>> Will look into this as well.
>>
>> Can you explain further what's broken? Are you trying to make a project
> that's rooted in the directory that contains common/, mapreduce/, and hdfs/?
> I can imagine that wouldn't work, but I'm not sure why it wouldn't work to
> continue having three separate projects. Are you using some kind of SVN
> integration with Eclipse?

>>> Also, the ant eclipse targets seem to be broken now.  It seems like
>>> various
>>> parts of the eclipse target need to be commonized now (the
>>> .eclipse-templates stuff and .classpath, .launches, etc.)
>>>

>> Will look into this as well.
>>
>> Can you explain further what's broken? Are you trying to make a project
> that's rooted in the directory that contains common/, mapreduce/, and hdfs/?
> I can imagine that wouldn't work, but I'm not sure why it wouldn't work to
> continue having three separate projects. Are you using some kind of SVN
> integration with Eclipse?

I am using subversive for svn integration.  I was actually trying to use a
single project for the whole thing
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/trunk)
As you say though, I would think it should still work with three separate
projects, so I'll just go back to that for now.  It would be nice to be able
to build the whole thing as a single project though (since it's a single
repository in svn now), but that would probably take some extra work - and
would probably make sense in a separate Jira.

Thanks.
-Jeff