hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Luke Lu <...@vicaya.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Powered by Logo
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:57:36 GMT
Just got a few minutes to look at these. I must say that I'm very
disappointed. Some of the choices are nice clip art but none of them
are appropriate for powered-by logos at typical logo size: <=64 pixels
in height, where they are completely illegible.

I present choice 0, which IMHO is a better candidate than the rest of
the choices:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12483197/pbh-64-logos.png

Please find the larger version on

__Luke

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 8:19 PM, Owen O'Malley <omalley@apache.org> wrote:
> All,
>   We've had a wide range of entries for a powered by logo. I've put them all on a page,
here:

> http://people.apache.org/~omalley/hadoop-powered-by/
>
> Since there are a lot of contenders and we only want a single round of voting, let's
use single transferable vote ( STV http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_transferable_vote).
The important thing is to pick the images *IN ORDER* that you would like them.

> My vote (in order of course): 4, 1, 2, 3, 5, 6.
>
> In other words, I want option 4 most and option 6 least. With STV, you don't need to
worry about voting for an unpopular choice since your vote will automatically roll over to
your next choice.