hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: LimitedPrivate and HBase
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 00:56:25 GMT
On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Allen Wittenauer <aw@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jun 6, 2011, at 4:22 PM, Andrew Purtell wrote:
> >
> > Perhaps opening a jira for a cleaner framework for HttpServer extension
> could be useful?
>
>         Sure.  That's probably what should have happened to begin with
> rather than the quickly changing the API to a different classification.  I
> was a bit surprised that the JIRA went through so quickly without much
> comment, but I assumed that's because it was HBase requesting or because so
> many people were on their way to Berlin.

Or because this is the sort of thing that could take weeks of discussion or
just 5 minutes to unblock HBase from moving on to trunk. I'd rather have the
weeks of discussion *after* the 5 minute patch, so people can continue to
make progress. We've moved too slowly for too long.

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera