hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Large startup time in remote MapReduce job
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 20:31:23 GMT
Gabor,

If your jar does not contain code changes that need to get transmitted
every time, you can consider placing them on the JT/TT classpaths and
not do any jar registration in your job submission code. You'll see a
related WARN but it should be OK to ignore that.

If not, work on other ways to get your jar size reduced. Does it
really contain 20 MB worth of user code or is that with libraries?

--
Harsh J