hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Powered by Logo
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 16:19:50 GMT
I have put the votes together in a form of a spreadsheet
  http://tinyurl.com/3j6629h
for the convenience of watching the race.

Statistics fascinates me usually. Stay tuned.
--
  Take care,
Konstantin (Cos) Boudnik

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author,
and do not necessarily represent the views of any company the author
might be affiliated with at the moment of writing.

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 20:19, Owen O'Malley <omalley@apache.org> wrote:
> All,
>   We've had a wide range of entries for a powered by logo. I've put them all on a page,
here:

> http://people.apache.org/~omalley/hadoop-powered-by/
>
> Since there are a lot of contenders and we only want a single round of voting, let's
use single transferable vote ( STV http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_transferable_vote).
The important thing is to pick the images *IN ORDER* that you would like them.

> My vote (in order of course): 4, 1, 2, 3, 5, 6.
>
> In other words, I want option 4 most and option 6 least. With STV, you don't need to
worry about voting for an unpopular choice since your vote will automatically roll over to
your next choice.