hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Gabor Makrai <makrai.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Large startup time in remote MapReduce job
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 20:27:49 GMT
Hi everyone,

I have a little problem with running MapReduce jobs.
I have a pretty large Java program (my jar size is more than 20MB) , where I
implemented a MapReduce job. I tested it in my local cluster, and it worked
fine. But I tried it with low-bandwith Internet access and I experienced
very-very slow job starting time :( I guess my whole JAR file was uploaded,
because I experienced unusual upgoing network traffic.
Could anyone tell me how can I solve this problem?

Thanks,
Gabor