hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Dhruba Borthakur <dhr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LimitedPrivate and HBase (thoughts from an observer)
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 17:47:31 GMT
I too think that LimitedPrivate is a good idea for projects that work
closely with the Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, HBase, MR, etc) It allows us to
experiment with an API, that if proved useful in the longer run, can
graduate to be a public API in future.

Some people may rightly claim that this gives unfair advantage to projects
in the Hadoop ecosystem vs projects that are outside of this system, but I
see no harm in that. One reason for this is that there are many developers
who work on multiple of these projects, and it is easier to coordinate
changes among these projects.

thanks,
-dhruba