hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Matthew Foley <ma...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: HADOOP-7106 (project unsplit) this weekend
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 19:51:44 GMT
Todd, it's so great to have this done.  Thanks for the huge amount of hard work!
--Matt

On Jun 13, 2011, at 10:08 AM, Jeffrey Naisbitt wrote:

On 6/13/11 12:01 PM, "Todd Lipcon" <todd@cloudera.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 9:24 AM, Jeffrey Naisbitt
> <jnaisbit@yahoo-inc.com>wrote:
>
>> As you say though, I would think it should still work with three separate
>> projects, so I'll just go back to that for now.  It would be nice to be
>> able
>> to build the whole thing as a single project though (since it's a single
>> repository in svn now), but that would probably take some extra work - and
>> would probably make sense in a separate Jira.
>>

> Yep - I think the idea is this will happen once we mavenize everything.
> Maven apparently supports the idea of "modules" - basically a recursive
> structure in which a top level pom file can build sub-poms, but the subpoms
> could also continue to be built independently if necessary. I think the
> top-level pom would live in the new root.
>
> -Todd

I look forward to the mavenization! :)
I verified the eclipse builds are working fine for me in separate projects
and that the svn:externals work fine on yahoo-merge now.
Thanks for the quick responses and for all the other work on the "unsplit"!
-Jeff