hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eric Baldeschwieler <eri...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Thinking about the next hadoop mainline release
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 06:10:33 GMT
Hey Allen,

I agree with you that we should avoid future regressions like this.  I think the tradeoff
that got security working well on one heavily used platform was the right one for hadoop-with-security,
but I'll be sure to raise such issues for discussion in the future as soon as I become aware
of them.

I agree that we should think about how to generalize the security work for other platforms.
 That work is just waiting for someone to jump in....

On ganglia and the metrics framework, it would be great if you could put your head together
with rajive and come up with a joint proposal on what docs / code is needed to fix the regression
in a clean way.  That sounds like something we should be thinking about fixing in the 20 line
and all future releases.

thanks,

E14