hadoop-general mailing list archives

From lohit <lohit...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Powered by Logo
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 16:04:19 GMT
4,5,6,3,2,1

PS: Powered logo would be advertised by users. Their vote should count :)

----- Original Message ----
From: Owen O'Malley <omalley@apache.org>
To: general@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Tue, June 14, 2011 8:19:18 PM
Subject: [VOTE] Powered by Logo

All,
   We've had a wide range of entries for a powered by logo. I've put them all on
a page, here:

http://people.apache.org/~omalley/hadoop-powered-by/

Since there are a lot of contenders and we only want a single round of voting,
let's use single transferable vote ( STV
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_transferable_vote). The important thing is
to pick the images *IN ORDER* that you would like them.

My vote (in order of course): 4, 1, 2, 3, 5, 6.

In other words, I want option 4 most and option 6 least. With STV, you don't
need to worry about voting for an unpopular choice since your vote will
automatically roll over to your next choice.

-- Owen