hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Shall we adopt the "Defining Hadoop" page
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 23:35:04 GMT

On Jun 14, 2011, at 3:56 PM, Owen O'Malley wrote:

> All,
>   Steve Loughran has done some great work on defining what can be called Hadoop at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Defining%20Hadoop.
After some cleanup from Noirin and Shane, I think we've got a really good base. I'd like a
vote to approve the content (at the current revision 12) and put the content on our web site.

> Clearly, I'm +1.

	This is awesome.  Good job everyone!

	A minor nit: I'd like to see some cleanup between the first paragraph and the fourth paragraph
in compatibility.  Or was the re-iteration of our "not a standards committee" intentional?
 It is sort of awkward as it is currently written.

	Also, where can I download Camshaft?