hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Marcos Ortiz <mlor...@uci.cu>
Subject Hadoop´s Internationalization
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2011 02:55:22 GMT
Regards to all the list.
I´m looking for a proper way to work on the internationalization of
Hadoop, but I don´t know if this is a good project
or if this is useful for the community, at least, I think that it would
be very useful for many people that want to see the messages
of the project in another language, for example, in Spanish.

I would like to work on this, but I don´t know how to start on this. I
think that a first step is to translate the message of the commands more
used by administrators and developers of Hadoop: (The Hadoop fs shell,
for example).

It would be very useful to have on the source code, a directory for
earch language´s messages, but I don´t know if this could carry out
many changes on the main API.

What do you think about this?

Thanls for your time

Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda