hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Shall we adopt the "Defining Hadoop" page
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 13:43:39 GMT
On 06/24/2011 10:26 AM, Owen O'Malley wrote:
> Having a clearly stated trademark statement on the website will help
> significantly with contacting organizations that are mis-using the
> trademark, so I don't want to postpone this too long. Let's discuss
> it for a week and then call a new vote if we think that is merited.

Might it be better to improve the existing Apache trademark policy page?

http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/

This way all projects can benefit, e.g., Pig, Hive, Zookeeper, etc.

We might, e.g., propose more examples of acceptable and not-acceptable
uses of Apache marks there, etc.  We can work with trademarks@ to build
a library of boilerplate letters to be sent to folks whose use Apache
marks in objectionable ways.

Doug