hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Thinking about the next hadoop mainline release
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:27:18 GMT
On 17/06/2011 21:27, Allen Wittenauer wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2011, at 10:31 AM, Allen Wittenauer wrote:
>

>> On Jun 17, 2011, at 12:17 AM, Eric Baldeschwieler wrote:
>>> Yahoo stands ready to help us (the Apache Hadoop Community) turn this new release
into a stable release by running it through its 9 month test and burn in process.  The result
of that will be another stable release such as 0.18, 0.20 or 0.20.203 (hadoop with security).

>> 	I'd consider 0.20.203 pseudo-stable.
>
> 	Actually, I was just reminded about the complete disaster that is metrics.  So while
it may be pseudo-stable, it  isn't actually usable for anyone but Yahoo!.

ooh, I have work on that that I should catch up with and get in.

I'd also like to put in the IBM JVM patch, not out of personal need, but
because I don't like Oracle-JVM dependencies, and it'd be nice to get
IBM's donation into the source tree.