hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Shall we adopt the "Defining Hadoop" page
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 09:58:27 GMT
On 15/06/11 00:35, Allen Wittenauer wrote:

> 	A minor nit: I'd like to see some cleanup between the first paragraph and the fourth
paragraph in compatibility.  Or was the re-iteration of our "not a standards committee" intentional?
 It is sort of awkward as it is currently written.

well it is a wiki...

> 	Also, where can I download Camshaft?

It's a fork of Hadoop 0.15 optimised for Windows ME and FAT32 that
requires a human to fetch blocks from remote machines using a floppy - a
process that limits blocksize to 1.44MB and kills your latency. You
don't really want it.

What you saw on the page was marketing's spin on the harsh truth.