hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Thinking about the next hadoop mainline release
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 20:27:43 GMT

On Jun 17, 2011, at 10:31 AM, Allen Wittenauer wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2011, at 12:17 AM, Eric Baldeschwieler wrote:
>> Yahoo stands ready to help us (the Apache Hadoop Community) turn this new release
into a stable release by running it through its 9 month test and burn in process.  The result
of that will be another stable release such as 0.18, 0.20 or 0.20.203 (hadoop with security).

> 	I'd consider 0.20.203 pseudo-stable.

	Actually, I was just reminded about the complete disaster that is metrics.  So while it may
be pseudo-stable, it  isn't actually usable for anyone but Yahoo!.