hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <had...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: LimitedPrivate and HBase
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 01:50:26 GMT

On Jun 6, 2011, at 9:18 PM, Allen Wittenauer wrote:

> 	 But if this reclassification had been with anything else outside of the Hadoop project,
I would have asked the same thing.  It raises important questions that we as a project need
to answer.

"Life's not fair".:-) (couldn't resist.. sorry)

But in all seriousness, the project should treat every request on it's own merits, regardless
of which project/person requests it.
In actuality if you've been working closely with another project or know the person who is
asking for it, you'll naturally put more weight on the request, as you have more trust that
that person knows what they are doing, and aren't being lazy/poorly informed about requesting
it.

I was wondering if there are other examples of interfaces you (or others) think should un-deprecated/made
public.