hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "Segel, Mike" <mse...@navteq.com>
Subject Re: Defining Hadoop Compatibility -revisiting-
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 17:32:52 GMT
My first read was that they used the term Apache Hadoop in reference of Apache's release. They
referenced their release as Hadoop.

Mike Segel

On May 13, 2011, at 12:28 PM, "Allen Wittenauer" <aw@apache.org> wrote:

> On May 13, 2011, at 1:53 AM, Doug Cutting wrote:
>> Here "certified" is probably just intended to mean that the software
>> uses a "certified" open source license, e.g., listed at
>> http://www.opensource.org/licenses/.  However they should say that this
>> "includes" or "contains" the various Apache products, not that it "is" them.
>    If it has a modified version of Hadoop (i.e., not an actual Apache release or patches
which have never been committed to trunk), are they allowed to say "includes Apache Hadoop"?
 At what point is it not Apache Hadoop?

or paper files.

View raw message