hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jeff Hammerbacher <ham...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Apache Hadoop Hackathon: 5/18 in Palo Alto and San Francisco
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 00:09:57 GMT

We've got a great group coming together again on Wednesday for an Apache
Hadoop Hackathon in Palo Alto and San Francisco. Sign up at

As a reminder, we'll have Nigel Daley, the release manager for 0.22, present
in Palo Alto. If you have build and release or testing skills and would like
to contribute to Apache Hadoop, your skills will be highly valued. Please
consider coming out to meet Nigel and help out on that front!

Also, there's a Hadoop User Group at Yahoo! in Sunnyvale on Wednesday
evening: http://www.meetup.com/hadoop/events/16805258. There will be a large
caravan leaving from the Palo Alto Hackathon to attend the HUG, so if you
want to Hadoop all day, stop by Palo Alto and join us for the trip south.