hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jeff Hammerbacher <ham...@cloudera.com>
Subject Apache Hadoop Hackathon: 5/18 in Palo Alto and San Francisco
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 21:40:28 GMT
Hey,

Thanks to everyone who came out for the Apache Hadoop Hackathon yesterday in
Palo Alto and San Francisco. We had 35 people sign up from a great cross
section of companies: Yahoo!, Cloudera, Facebook, Apple, Twitter,
Foursquare, AOL, Ngmoco, StumbleUpon, Trend Micro, Conviva, and more. We had
committers from the HBase, Hive, Pig, and Oozie projects ensuring their
projects work with the upcoming 0.22 release, and a number of folks got
their first patches up. The 0.22 branch is now being built by Jenkins and
we're in good shape to get a release candidate up soon.

We had so much fun that we're going to do it again!

Join us next Wednesday, May 18th, in either San Francisco or Palo Alto, and
help us continue the march to get feature development back on trunk. We'll
have a special guest in Palo Alto: Nigel Daley, Apache Hadoop PMC member and
the release manager for the 0.22 release. If you're a sysadmin or devops
person and want to help us build and test Apache Hadoop, this Hackathon will
be a great chance to learn about how it's done. Of course we'd also love to
have developers looking to get their first patches into Hadoop as well.

Sign up at http://hadoophackathon.eventbrite.com and we'll see you
Wednesday.

Regards,
Jeff

p.s. if you're looking to prepare for the Hackathon, check out the issues
tagged "newbie" at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=labels+%3D+newbie
.