hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release candidate 0.20.203.0-rc1
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 01:24:42 GMT
On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 6:18 PM, Eric Baldeschwieler
<eric14@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Ok. I'll bite.
>
> The point of a vote is to learn what everyone thinks. So far we have learned:
>
> 1 - the team that is trying to contribute code and do a release thinks it is ready.
>
> 2 - Cloudera does not think the release is a good idea.

I don't think that's true.  There's a difference between not
supporting a given rc and not supporting a release from this branch in
general.

With both of my hats on, I want code to be reviewed before being
release, I want releases to not regress against previous releases, I
don't want the next major release to regress against a stable release,
I want the community to discuss new version schemes and development
models vs adopting them by accident just because we voted on a
particular release.

Thanks,
Eli