hadoop-general mailing list archives

From elton sky <eltonsky9...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: questions about hadoop map reduce and compute intensive related applications
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 05:17:54 GMT
thanks gmackey,

There is an project out of Sandia National Lab that puts MR and MPI together
> in a library if you're interested -->
> http://www.sandia.gov/~sjplimp/mapreduce.html

That is a implementation of MR using MPI. I saw that as well but haven't
tried it out.

I am actually looking at programming model level integration. You know, for
some applications, you can take advantage of high through put from MR and
message passing from MPI.

-Elton