hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: "newbie" label on JIRA
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 05:54:28 GMT
On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 10:00 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@boudnik.org>wrote:

> Todd - this is a great idea and nice list of JIRAs to take care about!
> I assume you are leaving 0.22 blockers to more experienced contributors,
> right?

Unfortunately most of the remaining 0.22 blockers are fairly complicated, so
better suited to more experienced folks. Of course if any new contributor
has a patch ready, that would be great!

Also, to be extra clear, the existence of a "newbie" tag on a JIRA shouldn't
preclude an experienced contributor from doing an issue themselves. It's
just to provide a nice list of starting points for those wanting to get
involved, since the total number of open JIRAs (and the complexity of a lot
of them) is pretty intimidating.

-Todd