hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Release rules
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 06:40:48 GMT
On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Tom White <tom@cloudera.com> wrote:
> One year ago (to the day!) Chris started a discussion about the
> release manager role
> (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-general/201005.mbox/%3Ch2q1267dd3b1005041331r7d8f696di370a279ff605832f@mail.gmail.com%3E).
> In light of today's disagreements, I think we should restart this
> discussion and incorporate these rules into the bylaws, since it
> formalizes our practices.
>
> I'm happy to drive this. We could start by discussing Chris' proposal
> (see clarifications in
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-general/201005.mbox/%3Ct2y1267dd3b1005051201h7116e4caud75673ac9d5128d6@mail.gmail.com%3E),
> then when we get consensus we can put the document on the website.
> (BTW does anyone know if the bylaws were checked into SVN anywhere?
> These belong together.)

Sounds good to me. I like Chris' proposal, he was clear that "nothing
should be in (unreleased) 0.x that isn't also in trunk." so that may
needs to be revisited if we want to be consistent with today's vote.

I don't think the bylaws were checked in, we should do that first. How
about checking them into the site repo so they get generated as part
of the docs? Eg this is how Pig does it:
http://pig.apache.org/bylaws.html

Thanks,
Eli