hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Defining Hadoop Compatibility -revisiting-
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 06:12:12 GMT
The way it has been done in JCK was a specs written in somewhat
formalized language and a tool (called testgen, written in Perl if I
remember correctly) which was dynamically generating a lot of lang
tests. I think this is a middle ground Milind has mentioned.

BTW, it was a _huge_ effort: Sun had two team working on TCK - ~40+
people - working for a few years on that thing.
--
  Take care,
Konstantin (Cos) Boudnik