hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Raghu Angadi <ang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release candidate 0.20.203.0-rc0
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 19:09:11 GMT
Congrats anad thanks to all the developers for such passion and hard work
they they put into a very important project.

+1 for getting new 0.20 release out with security. It is great news for
users for that new apache release is finally coming out. I hope most of the
technical as well as non-technical issues will resolved this or next
release.

There are many important issues raised in this thread and these are crucial
for future of Apache Hadoop. wanted to echo one of them in particular :
community is the most important aspect of the project and triumphs over the
rest.
I am sure the process would be much smoother going forward as we have more
frequent releases. This is probably the first real test for the
develop-a-large-feature-on-a-branch-and-merge process. Discussion here would
certainly lead to important improvements to the process.

Looking at from a different angle, Hadoop has a very enviable problem :
there is so much development it is very hard to co-ordinate and scale. It
has already scalled up a few times before, and with the leaders it has, it
is doing it again.

Raghu.