hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release candidate 0.20.203.0-rc1
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 22:51:26 GMT
> Your -1 vote essentially blocks the changes that are already available in
> CDH to be available from Apache open source!

As Eric mentioned, this thread is about an Apache release, not CDH.

My -1 vote does not block these changes from being released via
Apache. You can not veto a release. Releases are lazy majority, the
release is only blocked if there are more -1 votes than +1 votes.

If these changes are contributed on jira, discussed and reviewed, and
committed to trunk I'm happy to support the release.  There's a big
difference between asking that a release respect the Apache community
process and blocking it. If you want to get the release out how about
contributing the work via the normal means so the community can review
it like we review all other code changes.

Thanks,
Eli