hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release candidate 0.20.203.0-rc1
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 23:19:11 GMT

On May 4, 2011, at 1:17 PM, Allen Wittenauer wrote:

> 	Am I misreading this, or are the MR protocols out of sync between 0.20.203 and 0.21?
 It would also appear that this is marked stable in 0.21. What is the user impact?

The names of the protocols were changed, but the names of the protocols aren't user-facing.
The protocols themselves also changed, as with all Hadoop major versions. (We need to switch
to protobuf or something for RPC to provide wire compatibility.)

-- Owen