hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eric Baldeschwieler <eri...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Defining Hadoop Compatibility -revisiting-
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 05:34:56 GMT
Good point.

Tests are a must for the Hadoop community to meet its own goals (quality and backwards compatibility).
 Writing detailed specs for something that is evolving this quickly is challenging.  Also
in a lot of cases, documenting the current APIs to POSIX like detail will mainly convince
us that we need to design new APIs that are more like POSIX.

The good news is that this is open source and we can crowd source both activities, although
it will still require a lot of work from our committers to validate and integrate this sort
of contribution.

E14