hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <had...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: Defining Hadoop Compatibility -revisiting-
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 21:59:10 GMT

> 	Does "Hadoop compatibility" and the ability to say "includes Apache Hadoop" only apply
when we're talking about MR and HDFS APIs?

It is confusing isn't it.

We could go down the route java did and say that the API's are 'hadoop' and ours is just a
reference implementation of it. (but others pointed out, we don't want to become a certification
group)

Out of curiosity, how good is our test suite in exercising our APIs?
Is it sophisticated enough to capture someone adding a functionality-changing patch (eg the
append one). and have it flag it as a test-failure?