hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Discussions - Re: [VOTE] Release candidate
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 20:35:56 GMT

Voting +1 for a release means that you have downloaded the
source code package, verified its signatures, compiled it
on your platform of choice, and checked to your satisfaction
that it matches the source code we have in subversion and that
is is better (in your opinion) than the last Apache release
of the same name.

The ASF relies on that minimum amount of peer review to make
sure that we don't release trojan horses, license violations,
or other things that might get us sued as a foundation or as
individuals.  If you don't have time to do it yourself, then
vote +0 (with happy feelings) and hope that there are at least
three members of the PMC who do have that time.

DO NOT +1 a release just because it seems like progress.
Progress is in the doing, not the talking.

View raw message