hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release candidate 0.20.203.0-rc1
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 01:56:44 GMT
On May 4, 2011, at 5:39 PM, Eli Collins wrote:

> The point is that these discussion should be sorted out, ie you don't
> change your development and release model on a release VOTE thread,
> you change it on a DISCUSSION thread.

That is no different than saying you have a right to veto a
release until the issue is addressed, which you don't have.

A release vote is a majority decision.  If the majority
decides to release, then whatever gets released will define
the new norm by which policies are assumed.  If not released,
then I suggest collaborating more on the policies before
trying to vote again.

Either way, we don't hold up a vote for the sake of a
policy discussion because voting is a more efficient
means of discovering if the policy really matters.

....Roy