hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Defining Hadoop Compatibility -revisiting-
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 11:15:27 GMT
On 13/05/11 23:16, Doug Cutting wrote:
> On 05/14/2011 12:13 AM, Allen Wittenauer wrote:
>> So what do we do about companies that release a product that says "includes Apache
Hadoop" but includes patches that aren't committed to trunk?

> We yell at them to get those patches into trunk already.  This policy
> was clarified after that product was shipping.
>
> Doug

I distributed some RPMs with my lifecycle branch in, I can't remember
what I called them, but I'd better revist all my .spec files to make
sure the text is valid. Even with 0.21 JARs, what should I call it?

sf-apache-hadoop-operations.rpm

"This RPM contains the JAR artifacts of Apache Hadoop 0.21 and SmartFrog
components to manage hadoop clusters,  manipulate the distributed
filesystems, and submit MapReduce jobs"

Would that work?