hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OT: anyone else going to berlin buzzwords?
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 09:08:29 GMT
On 11/05/2011 00:53, Ian Holsman wrote:
> If so.. I'll be there.. let's catch up.
>
> http://www.berlinbuzzwords.de/

1. I'm going to be there, talking about Hadoop testing: Junit -> MrUnit,
-> minimr -> single host, sampling, how to ramp to production scale

2. Isabel would like us to have a Hadoop Hackathon, which could be
@Nokia (big Hadoop users) on the thursday. I could come to this, but
will be flying home early afternoon, and am too busy with my talk and
unrelated work deadlines to organise a hackathon.

I do think it would be good to have a hadoop hackathon of a sort there,
and if someone wants to take up the challenge of organising a more
detailed hadoop hackathon, maybe with some discussion of the MR 2.0
engine, etc.

Who else from the -user and -dev lists will be there and is willing to
help put this together?

-steve