hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release candidate 0.20.203.0-rc1
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 11:52:30 GMT

Vote: +1

I'm a committer not PMC, so it's non binding.

Why:
-looks and works OK on my desktop
-we've been using Y! releases, and this brings their branch back into
the apache fold, meaning we can say "the official Apache release of
Apache Hadoop is something you can use in production".
-I'm confident that the Y! team have tested this well.

I understand Eli's concerns that putting stuff in there that hasn't gone
into trunk yet is danger. However, as the team makes no guarantees of
100% compatibility between releases, I don't think it's critical. It's
just something that needs to be addressed -which can be done after this
release has shipped.

-Steve