hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release candidate 0.20.203.0-rc0
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 21:05:16 GMT
Doug,

On May 2, 2011, at 1:40 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:

> Also note that, on the common-dev thread, Eli & Tom have both noted a
> number of inconsistencies between this set of patches and trunk, 0.22
> and even prior 0.20 branches and releases.  In addition to the lack of
> community involvement in patch selection, these issues concern me.
>
> I cannot in good conscience vote for this release as a community
> product.

As I noted before you were the first one to propose this release off
Yahoo security patch-set in April, 2010:
http://s.apache.org/5Gv

What has changed since? Clearly, the same situation exists today.

Also, please note that of the ~450 commits in the branch, only 30 odd
jiras are yet to be committed to trunk:
http://s.apache.org/7Pe. So it's incorrect to state 'lack of community
involvement'.

Assuming the technical inconsistencies are sorted out, are you willing
to withdraw you objection?

thanks,
Arun