hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Owen O'Malley <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HADOOP-7106: Re-organize hadoop subversion layout
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 08:07:11 GMT

On Apr 9, 2011, at 11:09 PM, Nigel Daley wrote:

> As discussed in Jan/Feb, I'd like to coordinate a date for committing the re-organization
of our svn layout: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7106.  I propose Thursday
April 21 at 11am PDT.

This is still premature.

Your patch is out of date with respect to the current branches. Please update it and upload
a new version.

What changes do we want to make to the asf-authorization file? Clearly that needs to be decided
before anything is done.

What changes are we making to the notifications? That also hasn't been discussed at all.

Again, has anyone talked to Jukka and the rest of the infrastructure-dev to see if there is
anything that we need to do to minimize transition pain? Clearly, the notifications for git.apache.org
need to be maintained, but I don't know if there are other actions that would help minimize
the data loss.

Clearly any change where all of the git hashes change is massively disruptive. I suspect there
is some magic you can do to keep more of the history, but I don't know the subversion-git
bridge very well.

-- Owen