hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Would being able to track the time a task was active?
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 16:07:55 GMT

Ok,

Maybe I'm missing something, but when I look at my jobs running, I see the job start time
and then the end time of the specific task running.

Wouldn't it make sense to know the time it took for the task to run, rather than count from
the launch of the job?
So if I have a task that has to wait for other tasks ahead of it in the queue to run, I'd
like to see if the task took 20 mins to run like the others, rather than 2 hours and some
minutes because the job had so many tasks and fair scheduler put some tasks on hold?

Just a thought.

-Mike