hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@boudnik.org>
Subject Re: HADOOP-7106: Re-organize hadoop subversion layout
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 19:26:21 GMT
On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 08:00, Owen O'Malley <omalley@apache.org> wrote:
> After considering it this morning, I believe that the least disruptive move is to leave
common at the same url and merge hdfs and mapreduce back in:

> $prefix/common/trunk/* -> $prefix/common/trunk/common/*
> $prefix/hdfs/trunk -> $prefix/common/trunk/hdfs
> $prefix/mapreduce/trunk -> $prefix/common/trunk/mapreduce

This seems like adding an insult to injury by creating an artificial
SVN layout and moving what deemed to be an unrelated components into
common's namespace.

The original proposal seems much more straight forward.

Cos

> This will preserve the hashes and history for common (and the 20 branches). We'll still
need to play git voodoo to get git history for hdfs and mapreduce, but it is far better than
starting a brand new git clone.