hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Tom White <tom.e.wh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maintenance of Hadoop 0.21 branch?
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 16:12:10 GMT
On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 9:53 PM, Nigel Daley <ndaley@mac.com> wrote:
> I'm fine w/ abandoning but that needs to be clearly communicated with changes to the
website.  This is complicated by the fact that it looks like 0.21 docs are the only ones
on the website for hdfs and mapreduce (which seems like a bug):
> http://hadoop.apache.org/hdfs/docs/
> http://hadoop.apache.org/mapreduce/docs/
> Common has a bunch of back revs:
> http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/

This is an artifact of the project split, since there were no separate
HDFS and MapReduce projects before release 0.21.0. The documentation
for HDFS and MapReduce was all in Common/Core for 0.20.2 and lower.

The websites (http://hadoop.apache.org/hdfs/,
http://hadoop.apache.org/mapreduce/) link to previous versions, but do
we need to add links under http://hadoop.apache.org/hdfs/docs and
http://hadoop.apache.org/mapreduce/docs/ too?