hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Chris Douglas <cdoug...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hadoop security branch releases (was Hadoop 0.20.100)
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 18:19:13 GMT
The branches are Apache branches. They are intended to be developed
here, as was discussed on general@. For all effects and purposes, Y!
retired its internal branches. If you missed the discussion, it's in
the archives.

This message is about version numbers, and version numbers only. The
branch version numbering follows what Y! has been using internally. It
also does not conflict with the version numbers pushed to github and
absorbed by other consumers of that branch, e.g. CDH and Facebook.

The intent is to reduce confusion among users and release engineers in
organizations that were pulling from the retired repositories. The
intent is to ease their transition (back) to Apache. -C