hadoop-general mailing list archives

From elton sky <eltonsky9...@gmail.com>
Subject Applications creates bigger output than input?
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 12:02:37 GMT
One of assumptions map reduce made, I think, is that size of map's output is
smaller than input. Although we can see many applications have the same size
of output with input, like, sort, merge,etc.
For my benchmark purpose, I am looking for some non-trivial, real life
applications which creates *bigger* output than its input. Trivial example I
can think about is cross join...

I really appreciate if you share your knowledge with me.